A Beautiful Mind - Lesson Plan
A Beautiful Mind
Prepared by Sandie Linn
DAY 1 – 5 Discussion Page - Story Behind the Movie A Beautiful Mind
- Read Chapters 1–2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
- Write the theme here:
- Write 4 facts and 4 opinions from the story here:
Write the supporting details here:
DAY 1: What are some of the symptoms of schizophrenia?
DAY 2: What does Professor R. J. Duffin recall about John Nash?
DAY 3: How does Dr. Nash describe what he went through?
DAY 4: What does Dr. Nash say about the movie which features his life?
DAY 5: Write about healing from a mental or physical illness.
Write details about the characters and events in the story, A Beautiful Mind.
|Alicia Larde Nash||Delusions|
|Norber Weiner||Game Theory and Mathematics|
|Lloyd Shapely||Nobel Prize|
Complete the sentence below and write your essay here:
A Beautiful Mind is a good description of John Nash because
Write sentences to explain the following excerpts from the book, A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar.
- Pg 67 - Nash was very interested that everyone would recognize how smart he was, not because he needed this admiration, but anybody who didn't recognize it wasn't on top of things.
- Pg. 141 - It was amazing what he was willing to talk about. There was a sense of infinite time in every conversation.
- Pg. 167 - All through his childhood, adolescence, and brilliant student career, Nash had seemed largely to live inside his own head, immune to the emotional forces that bind people together.
- Pg. 178 - He wanted to marry a real intellectual girl. He wanted to marry somebody in the same capacity as he was.
- Pg. 196 - Alicia said, "Nash was very intelligent. It was a little bit of a hero worship thing."
- Pg. 237 - Cohen was the more articulate. But occasionally Nash could shut them up. He could say an enormous amount in three words.