America Attacked: 9/11 - Lesson Plan
America Attacked: 9/11
DAY 1 – 5 Discussion Page - America Attacked: September 11
- Read Chapters 1 - 2; 3 - 6; 7 - 8; 9 - 11; 12 - 13
- Write the theme here:
- Write 4 facts and 4 opinions from the story here:
Write the supporting details here:
DAY 1: What was the World Trade Center, in New York City, and why was it built?
DAY 2: Who was affected by the events of September 11, and how did that happen?
DAY 3: How did the Twin Towers respond to the attack compared to what the architect and builders expected if the towers were struck by a powerful force?
DAY 4: What happened to other American interests during the years before September 11?
DAY 5:Write your thoughts about what happened on September 11.
Write details about the people and events in the story, America Attacked: 9/11.
|Minoru Yamasaki||Flight 11|
|Rick Rescorla||Flight 175|
|Office Workers at Twin Towers||Flight 77|
|Flight 93 Passengers||Flight 93|
Complete the sentence below and write your essay here:
America Attacked: 9/11 is a story based on
Complete the quiz below. Write your answers from the information you read about America Attacked: 9/11.
- How long did it take to build the World Trade Center and its complex?
- How would you describe the Twin Towers?
- What did Jules Naudet do on the morning of September 11, 2001?
- What is the Pentagon and where is it located?
- What happened at the Pentagon on the morning of September 11, 2001?
- Listen to actual air-traffic control recordings and describe what happens when the controller tries to reach Flight 93's pilots.
- What happened on August 7, 1998?
- What happened to the USS Cole?
- How did American children respond to the events of September 11?
- What is “Letters From a Broken Apple?”